The first 10 days of Dhul-Hijjah are here. Alhamdolillah, Allaah Ta’aala has given us an opportunity to increase in rewards for our good deeds. For us homeschooling parents, that doesn’t have to mean we put a pause on homeschool. It’s a great time to teach and implement together.
Below is a list of fun and educational ideas to involve your young children in. I hope you find benefit in shaa Allaah.
- Discuss the 5 pillars of Islam (click here)
- Talk about Hajj and its pillars (click here)
- Make a map of the rites of Hajj and show your children how to perform Hajj (click here)
- Make a charity box from card and decorate it (don’t forget to add coins to it daily, even just a small amount) (click here)
- Talk about the Islamic calendar months (click here)
- Talk about the virtues of Dhul-Hijjah (refer to list on links below for parents)
- List as many good deeds as you can, put it into a timetable and implement them (refer to list on links below for parents)
- Read related stories; Sacrifice of Ibrahim alayhissalaam, Musa and Pharoah Story, The Prophet Muhammad’s (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) last message on mount arafah
- Make Takbir daily and learn and recite the talbiyyah with its meaning (click here)
- Talk about Eid; Etiquettes on the day, make decorations, exchange gifts
For the parents:
- Ten points about Dhul-Hijjah
- The Ten Days of Dhul Hijja be Eager to Benefit from them before they Elapse
- The 10 Days Of Dhul-Hijjah, Fasting Arafah, Eid & the Sacrifice – By Abu Khadeejah
- 100+ Eid Gift Ideas for under £10
May Allaah bless all of you! Ameen
Please share, subscribe and comment!
Jazaakom Allahu khair!