“Learn Arabic, Speak Arabic!”
Whether you are new to the Arabic language or speaking already, these following resources are definitely a must have for education, revision and teaching.
- Advice from Students of Knowledge: Means to Learning Arabic by Dawud Adib (haafidhullah), Useful Tips for Learning the Arabic Language by Moosa Richardson (haafidhullah)
- Al-Qaedah Al-Noorania (Books, Audios, and Online lessons available for both children and parents)
- Arabic Audio: Learn Arabic, First Words
- Quran Vocabulary: The Noble Quran Dictionary
- Quran Memorisation: Quran Memorisation, Arabic/Tajweed, Quran Progress Book
- Gateway to Arabic
- Madinah Books: Full Collection; Books 1, 2 and 3, Madinah Arabic Reader (for children)
- Master Arabic (Jowdah)
- First 1000 Words in Arabic
- Video Lessons: Madinah Books by Abu Ishaq, Madinah Arabic
- Other Full Lessons: Arabic First, Madinah Arabic Online, Yemen Links, Arabic/Tajweed
- Arabic Tracing Books: By Umm Assad, by Rahmahmuslimhomeschool
- Arabic Reading Books: Arabic Readers Club, My Arabic Library, Collins Big Cat Arabic Reading Series, 36 Story Books, Hungry Caterpillar
- Games: Omar and Maryam, Iqra Games
- Madinah Arabic App: App 1 demo, 2 pro, 3 pro
- Arabic Al Manac App I, II
- Arabic Playground – buy and sell
- More to be added soon inshaAllah
Also check: ‘My First Arabic Curriculum‘ by UmmAssadHomeschool.
Click a Book to download:
Examples of the Salaf:
One of the reported instructions ‘Umar wrote to Abû Mûsâ Al-Ash’arî and those under his governance during the former’s Caliphate was,
“Seek knowledge and understanding of (fiqh) the Sunnah and seek knowledge and understanding of Arabic.”
Ibn Abî Shaybah, Al-Musannaf Vol.6 p126.
It is reported that he said,
“Learn Arabic, for it strengthens the intelligence and increases one’s noble conduct (al-murû`ah).”
Al-Bayhaqî, Shu’ab Al-Îmân Vol.4 p187.
It is also reported that he said,
“Do not learn the language of the non-Arabs, and do not enter upon them in their churches on their festivals, for indeed wrath descends upon them.”
‘Abd Al-Razzâq Al-San’ânî, Al-Musannaf Vol.1 p411.
It is also reported that he was once circumambulating the Ka’bah when he heard two men speaking in a language other than Arabic behind him. He turned to them and said,
“Find some way to learn Arabic.”
‘Abd Al-Razzâq Al-San’ânî, Al-Musannaf Vol.5 p496.
It is reported that Ubay b. Ka’b – Allâh be pleased with him – said, “Learn Arabic just as you learn to memorize the Qurân.”
Ibn Abî Shaybah, Al-Musannaf Vol.7 p150.
It is reported that Ibn ‘Umar – Allâh be pleased with them – used to hit his children for making language errors.
Tahdhîb Al-Tahdhîb Vol.9 p292.
It is reported that Shu’bah – Allâh have mercy on him – said,
“Learn Arabic, for it increases the intelligence.”
Tahdhîb Al-Tahdhîb Vol.4 p303.
It is reported that ‘Attâ b. Abî Rabâh – Allâh have mercy on him – said, when he was ninety years old.
“I wish I were fluent in Arabic,”
Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`, in his biography of ‘Attâ b. Abî Rabâh.
It is reported that Ibn Shubrumah – Allâh have mercy on him – said,
“Men have never worn a garment more beautiful than Arabic.”
Al-Bayhaqî, Shu’ab Al-Îmân Vol.4 p197.
Please share, subscribe and comment!
Jazaakom Allahu khair!